The philosophy of the environmental club is to increase awareness of environmental issues and to promote environmental education throughout the school and community. The club meets every Wednesday after school in room 401.
To promote service learning projects in cooperation with Generation Earth
- paper recycling
- recycling bottles and cans
- promoting energy conservation
- recycling toner cartridges
To facilitate the objectives of the BP grant
- build the greenhouse and incorporate hydroponics
- investigate energy issues and to endeavor to create strategies to reduce energy usage and to reuse energy when possible
- to do hands on real life investigations of electricity and storage of renewable electricity.
To promote environmental awareness throughout the campus and community
- Public service announcement videos created to enter in the digital voice competition sponsored by LACOE and AFI
- Create podcasts to share school wide.
- Create a presentation to share at the annual Generation Earth ceremony showing the community service learning projects
- To work with Environmental Agencies such as Heal the Bay to provide community service such as beach clean ups.